Urgent Care

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Repost "What Matters More 2.0"

http://temptationofjoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-matters-more-20.html  <---written by another blogger

I like and agree with this blog.

Excerpt from above link...My point in all of this is I believe Jennifer Knapp is still a christian. If she says she still has a relationship with God and is still spiritually motivated and has a community of believers that speak into her life, then I'll take her at her word and say yes she's a christian. She is on the same spiritual walk that I am. And I hate this idea that because she's gay, she's can't be a christian. You can be gay and christian. You can be an alcoholic and christian. You can be an adulterer and a christian. You can be a liar and a christian, a gossip and a christian, whatever and a christian. Why do certain sins carry such a weight that because we live in them, it cancels out our faith? If a christian lives in gossip no one is saying they're not a believer because of it. In fact most people wouldn't attack them for being a gossip... We've made some sins bigger then other. But Jennifer Knapp doesn't think her relationship is a sin. And it's not my place to judge her. Which I guess was my biggest issue with Botsford; his complete lack of love.

http://www.revolutionnyc.com/when-the-law-gets-in-the-way-of-love/
Jay Bakker's sermon last week on Jennifer Knap's coming out and the Christian communities response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home