Urgent Care

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A New Day

It's Sunday and to most people its the last day of the weekend instead of the 1st day of the week.
Remember that?
Ofcourse, the dreaded Monday lurks around the corner and Monday has taken Sunday's place as number one. To Christian's all over, today is the Sabbath, a day of rest. But God rested on the last day not the first. So....?
Those were all random thoughts when Sunday came to my mind. Nevermind the rant. The point is today is different then yesterday. It's new! Joy comes in the morning and today it did once more. I've been struggling with grace lately towards certain people in specific. The lack of grace or opposition of extending it has made me resentful and bitter. Last night I sat at the alter and prayed for God to take this anger away and asked for forgiveness and peace. He was true to His promise to always comfort me and His spirit consumed me and I prayed harder.
As I prayed hard and fast, images of people came into my mind like a super fast power point presentation. First, the people that have trespassed against me. God showed me their offenses and just as fast showed my offenses against them. Then that transitioned into all the people in my life that need prayer for certain things. From my immediately family to my extended family and friends it seemed like no one I knew was left without prayer.
I wish I knew what I was saying. Praying in tongues is the most powerful thing I've ever done with God and in the end I'm left feeling at peace and very, very happy. Whatever the Holy Spirit in me prayed for I'm sure it was more genuine and perfect compared to whatever my own tongue could say. Even in the comfort of my own solitude I have a hard time saying what's in my heart out loud. Not cause I'm hiding from God but because I'm hiding from myself. Thank you God that you send Your Spirit to intercede for us so that our hearts can be revealed.
Anyway. I feel great and thankful again. Ready to face new conflicts and roadblocks and also to receive joy and grace. Today is Sunday and it is the first day of the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home