Urgent Care

Friday, January 2, 2009

A Calling

So I need to write a book before I die. I have this post it note that reminds me to spend an hour on it each day. I look at it and conveniently ignore it and check my facebook page. It's not that I don't want to do it, I just can't think of anything to write about. I really want to write a children's book. Actually, I do have an entire book written and it's just sitting around somewhere in some notebook. I should dig it out and get it down on my hard drive some day, like today. But I won't.

Instead, I'm writing this note.

So today, is the 1st day of the year. January 1st. I know. Technically it's the 2nd 'cause its past midnight, but I have this rule that it's not the next day until I have gone to bed and given up on the day. Naps in a car on the way home from a bar or neighboring town do not count as going to bed. At least not in my rule book.

Tomorrow is Friday, the 2nd day of the year. Yikes. I haven't done shit today. And I'm okay with that.

So we, Matthew and I, have decided to move out of the country. Our deadline is one year from this month. It has always been our dream to help others less fortunate then us but we keep coming up with excuses on why we can't go. We need more time studying the word, we have kids, our jobs, our family, our things. All these excuses have kept us from living a meaningful life, a life with purpose. We came to Rochester with a vision and we lost it. We have drifted away from our calling and one of the most important reasons why we moved to this very cold state. We wanted to bring people to Jesus and instead we ourselves have drifted away from Him.

But it's time for action and the adventure we have ahead for us is both exciting and barbaric. Just the way I like it. Sell everything and go, He once told us. I pray that He will tell us that again, and I pray that once again we will listen to His call. Go, and make disciples in every nation.
Our lives have become meaningless. We have let ourselves become apathetic and have settled for an ordinary life. I am not ordinary. Matthew is not ordinary and my kids are destined to be powerful and amazing followers of Christ. Part of our commitment to one another as parents was to give our kids an amazing childhood. I can't think of anything better than giving them a chance to experience God first hand. Not just in church on Sundays but every day. Experience His love through helping others, feeding families, loving on kids and worshiping together.

Our goal is January 2010. How cool. Praise GOD! I'm super stoked. I have been feeling emptiness in my soul lately; I tried to fill it with other stuff, ungodly stuff. But I can feel my soul slowly coming back to life now. That craving that I have had for months is finally being recognized and I know now, that although it'll be challenging, it'll be satisfied again.

WOW! I can't wait. I'm a dork for you God. I can't believe how awesome you are.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home