Urgent Care

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Non Rev Travels and Overdraft Fees (p2)

January 24, 2010; 1530 central time

One chance we have to get to MN from LAX at 805 this morning.

Twice we asked the front desk for a wake up call at 530 am.

Three times I checked my alarm to make sure it was set for 540 am INCASE there was no wake up call.

and....We slept in!!!

I woke up at 658 confused and overwhelmed. Matt's initial reaction was anger directed towards the front desk and then calmness settled as he realized that this had to be God. So we get dressed, get the girls going, catch a shuttle, go through security at one of the busiest airports in this country and run all the way to gate 46A by... Drum roll please....736!!! They hadn't even started boarding. Thank you God!!

On the way to the LAX Matt says, "its cool, maybe God was protecting us from something. We don't have to know His plan to know it's working.". Amen!!

And this statement seemed to be good enough for me in a time when my reaction would be to cry.

I wonder what the number would be if I were to calculate the total miles I've traveled by car and plane in the last week. In the last 7 days I have been in 4 planes, 5 different airports, 4 states and 10 cities. Travel time hourly roughly 25 hours in either plane or car going back and forth from city to city. From Rochester to Vegas then LA to Montecito to Ventura back to Montecito. Then to Long beach and Santa Barbara, LAX, Chicago, Minneapolis and home!!

We will be preparing to land soon and we still have to rent another car and drive an hour and half home. But God is so good and I'm so thankful to be able to do this with my family and friends. It has all been worth it and although I would be hesitant to do it all over again, I would, in fact, I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home