Urgent Care

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Her Children Stand and Bless Her

Sammy keeps staring at me with these light brown eyes. Her stare is so deep. I wonder what she’s thinking right now.


She has the spout of her sippy cup clenched between her teeth with her head tipped back. Every now and then I hear a gulp of chocolate milk going down her throat as she tries to balance herself upright.

She stumbles left and right, her oversized head is throwing her body around. She keeps trying to steady herself all the while her arms stretched out beside her.

Her stare is studying my facial expression. She observes that they are one of acceptance and satisfaction so she smiles, teeth still clenched to hold the cup in her mouth. Sammy starts to exaggerate her clumsiness to the rhythm of the music playing on my IPOD, and a feeling of content fills up my body as I realize how blessed my life is.

This was written back in August. Sammy was 18 months.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger shauna said...

i love this!!!! You are such a good mommy!

January 4, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home