Urgent Care

Friday, December 25, 2009

Insomnia

The forecast today reads as follows: The National Weather Service In La Crosse Has Issued A Winter
Weather Advisory For A Wintry Mix Of Sleet And Snow...Which Is In
Effect Until 6 PM CST This Evening. The Winter Storm Warning Has
Been Cancelled.

* Rain Will Continue This Morning And Mix In With Sleet At Times And Will Change Over To Snow This Afternoon.

I am currently on a couch in Millville, MN. Laying here wide eyed listening to a fish tank and the heavy breathing of two grown adults and rain hitting heavy snow.

The picture featured below was the view I had a little over an hour ago as I woke up to a slap in the face, hence moving to the couch which I am now sharing with a very aggressive kicker named Jade. They really are cuter when they sleep.

Since then I haven't been able to fall back asleep, mostly cause I'm not in my own bed but also cause I'm really dehydrated and hot. I figured blogging about it might help. Although I bet that drinking some water would be more effective.

I'm gonna write some more and then try the water thing... It doesn't make sense but then again...who cares?

Its annoying how when one is having difficulty falling asleep random thoughts keep popping into one's mind, causing one to lay in the dark in a meditative state. My brain is on this memory rollercoaster right now recounting times that I really didn't know were still stored in my head. This causes me to wonder about certain people and where they are right now and what they're doing. Then I start to imagine what we would talk about, say, if we happened to agree to a lunch date.

These made up scenarios play in my mind like a movie. Sometimes they become very detailed and elaborate and sometimes they just become a musical and I get a song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. That's never good, cause songs that get stuck in your head are usually ones with catchy hooks that drive people crazy and crazy people are potentially dangerous. And this is why I should go to sleep. Don't want anyone getting driven to insanity on this Christmas day. That's what today is...Merry Christmas everyone. I'm gonna go see about that water now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home