Urgent Care

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ear Surgery and Teenage Angst

My ears are sorta floppy and big and I always thought I'd be a good candidate for ear surgery. Maybe they trim them on the top a bit and take some off the bottom.


When I was a kid I had a big ear complex. No pun intended. I wore my hair down over them to cover them up from mockers. It didn't help that I had a big brother who's job it was to make me feel a lot smaller than him. Especially around his friends.

Around my Junior year in High school I started to wear my hair up in this backwards topsy tail thing that exposed my gigantic ears to the world. Much to my surprise no one else noticed them or at least didn't say anything. Good thing too, had there been an instant that a kid would've back then, I would've cried for weeks.

My ears don't bother me now and the only times people notice them are when I point them out. I've learned to laugh at myself. Plus my confidence lies not on my personal appearance but on my character development in the last 9 years. Which isn't the best but I'm working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home